Monday, August 3, 2009

Ugly And Funny, Like You

People Can Lick, Too
Home from the cottage!
Got home, heard about our neighbor... sad stuff.
Checked Facebook and called Jess!

Me: Hi!!!
Her: Omg I can hear your voice instead of reading text!

Bummed around, had my first real shower in too long, started Harry Potter... ate.
Met up with Ben, Mia and Jayme after dinner and had some quality time :)
Told urban legends, relived the Blair Witch project and talked about rabid beavers.
I don't want to leave again.

Thank you for paying attention <3




Poor
And it rained.
Rained and rained and rained.
It affected our brains quite severely.
[Severus-ly?]

Annik and I had an hour long Harry Potter conversation which turned into us writing a highly embarrassing rap about Snape... which did not include cherry pie.
Found out something surprising which turned out not to be, after all.
We sang the Imperial March as we did the dishes after spaghetti dinner [during which an enthusiastic round of the Chef Boyardi song was sung, much to Poppa's chagrin] and watched as drunk Mom got angry with her pool cue.

Pierre Potter! Paul Grindlewald. Steve Slytherin.

Walked out the road in a brief rain respite and collected a whole crapload of rocks.
Pulled them back to the cottage and just made it before the wheel popped off the wagon!
Watched the X File in which Mulder says something cute, and then another where some guy looked like Andy from Mayberry and Dexter.
Went to bed and borrowed Anniks book :)



Sweet Sweat
Badminton contest!
...or part of one, anyway. Enthusiasm died around lunch time and only two games ended up being played.
But it's okay, I won anyway. Woo - Martha!

Me: Shotgun Patrice as my partner for Labour Day.
NotMe: You ditch me that easily?

NotMe: That's an unfair team. They're young together, and I'm old with Poppa? I don't think so.

Killed Nick at pool after lunch, then beat Annik as well.
Even though I didn't have a cool theme song like Nick did.
Saw a bald eagle!
What a weird animal weekend.



Genetic
Hung out all day, lying around and... stuff.
Brenda arrived after dinner, to much celebration and going to bed.
I delivered my letter and felt pretty good about that.
Went on a drive with Nana and Annik and my dad, saw some horses and a corncob mailbox, but no fox this time.

Silly Teddy... Teddy has no knees!

Norm, Nora and Patrice.

Had a talk with Poppa and Annik after dinner about Annik's piercing, as well as other things of that genre.



Surveyor
Martha, Yves, Peanut and Annik made it up in the afternoon!
Little Georgie has been re-Christened Muffin!
Not muff. Or muffy. Muffin.

Poppa: I want.... a cookie.

Went off bear hunting at night, armed with a bear beater, firecrackers and flashlights.
No sightings... but the firecrackers were cool. Ish.



Finally!
Nana and Poppa made it up after dinner after a long day of driving for them.
Nana, meet... Georgie?
For now, anyway.
Today was beautiful, hot and sunny and perfect!
Lay in the sun for a long time, not doing anything. So very nice.
Swam :)


Gone, Again
I've been away for more days in July than I've been home...
Not that I'm completely disconnected, I guess.
But it still sucks, on days like these.
Slept all day and listened to music.

1 comment:

Katie said...

The fact that there was a bear spotting flashes me back to the time there was a supposed bear sighting which ultimately created the Bear Witch Project.

Also, as if you and Annik sang the imperial march while doing dishes.. we ALWAYS did that..hahaha.. we danced around the entire kitchen one time doing that... sigh...

Also, the creation of a snape rap sounds hilarious. I wish I could have been there. Your little note in your letter about imagining me coming up and surprising you made me sad, because I imagined that too.